Friday, July 20, 2012

Scoot Scoot!

I have rode in a car with a Parisian at night to see the beautiful sites of Paris lit up at but thousands of lights. I loved the thrilling feeling of zooming around the city compared to me walking or taking the sub way.

And now, well it has finally happened. I have been in Italy for 6 days now…. 6 whole days and no one has asked if I wanted a ride on their scooter. I mean really ppl?! No one wants to take me for a scooter ride?! Well apparently not, or not until now! A guy that works with us in Finance in the Italy office was telling me about his moped. I of course said I would love to learn to drive a motorcycle etc. (all too true) and he said, “you should let me take you back to your hotel today on my moped” and I said “OK!!!!” LOL most likely with that much enthusiasm.

Skip to the ride itself:

Before we left work he had asked if he could “speed”, well I wasn’t going to say no to that! The ride began with us zooming along the lake, passing the slow pokes as we went. Soon we are passing the huge lake, that Mantova was built next to, on our right side. In the distance I can see the reminence of the castle which protected the city.


 Mantova is turning the golden color it changes to during the evening The buildings are a beige color but with the sun hanging low in the sky, they look gold. The rooftops are all red clay tiles which gives off a fire color in the evening. With in no time we are at my hotel… so sad. When I get off he asks if I liked the ride, of course I did who doesn’t like to speed around with wind blowing in their face!? He then offers me a ride whenever I want. I will have to take one more before I leave.

There it is, one more item checked off my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment